Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
26798026

Hack Credit card

Hello, What is the Sentence of a person who stole online credit cards and hacked them and used for his uses and also made alot Troubles for a family by calling their house by internet or sending them 20 pizzaz and paying with hack credit card for them or any other fraud that he is doing online? or sending AMbulance to someone house?

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Possession of a stolen credit card is a felony of the third degree, punishable by up to five years of imprisonment. Fl. Stat., Section 817.60. Ordering pizzas with someone's stolen credit cards and sending them to the person's house likely falls within the definition of harassment, since there's no legitimate reason to do it. That is part of the stalking statute, which is a misdemeanor of the first degree. Section 784.048. The penalty for hacking depends on the amount of monetary loss. Section 815.06. If it was more than $5,000, it's a felony of the second degree, punishable by up to 15 years of imprisonment.

What sentence a person will ultimately serve, though, is based on a variety of factors, including whether the person agrees to plead guilty. A judge can order that sentences be served either consecutively or at the same time, which can affect how long the person spends in jail. The DA will also sometimes agree to drop some charges in exchange for a plea on others or allow someone to plead to a lesser included offense (especially with these, which could be charged as misdemeanors or felonies).

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much

There is a Person doing all these things i mentioned and he is from iran, my question is how he can get caught as iran does not have a good relation ship with america? he is doing this over 1 year now

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
If he's still doing it, the first step is to cancel all credit cards and put an alert on credit reports in order to stop him from seeking credit cards in the person's name.
www.transunion.com
www.equifax.com
www.experian.com

Unfortunately, there is no way to guarantee that a person doing this in Iran can be caught or bought to justice in America. If this is happening online, the best thing to do is to report him to the internet crime complaint center.
http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

The family may also want to look into contacting the phone company about blocking calls that do not disclose their number, blocking international calls, or blocking specific numbers. If none of that works, you unfortunately may have to consider changing your telephone number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for answer it was really good

but the person is doing all these crimes and he wont stop and how if FBI know his information? will iran provide his information to them and bring him to justice? as he is doing everything online

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
The FBI is your best possible chance at getting him stopped, in case he is not really in Iran or eventually travels to an area where local police will be able to work with the FBI to bring him to justice.

In the meantime, the best way to stop him is to put yourself in a situation where he can't do this. Don't use credit cards online. You can buy prepaid cards for purchases that must be made via the internet, and he won't be able to run up charges. Talk to a local computer technician about protecting your network. Change all of your passwords to things that he cannot guess. Close accounts and open new ones at different banks. Don't use online banking.

I know that it's all very frustrating and annoying, but if he's not somewhere that police can just go pick him up, then that's the best way to make it stop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the answer

So there is no way that FBI can stop him from other country like iran? how about interpole?

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
The FBI can contact and work with Interpol.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But FBI knows his iP address but why this person still doing stoling credit card of other people for over 1 year or even 2 years? how they do not stop this guy and contact with iran? why interpol take no actions?

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
The U.S. unfortunately does not have the best relationship with Iran. There is no extradition, which means that the US government cannot force Iran to return a person to the US for trial. The FBI can't anymore show up at his house, knock on his door and arrest him than the Iranian police could come into your house and arrest you. Interpol has similar constraints, because they have to work with local police.

Please rate my answer positively to ensure that the funds you have already paid are redirected so that I am paid for the time I spend answering your questions. There is no fee for related follow-ups. Thank you for using JustAnswer.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thats True just one more question sorry because of these many questions i asked

But one person told me that FBI can contact Pakistan as pakistan have good relation ship with iran so they can send the person to pakistan for being arrested or send him to USA , is this true?

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, but I'm not an expert in international relations. I can answer criminal law questions. If you want more information on extradition across multiple countries, the terms and conditions of the site require that I ask you to open a new question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok Sure and Thank you very Much i will rate the question and open a new question.

really appriciate your help mam.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. I hope they can catch the guy so this stops. Good luck.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer