How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31662
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son of 25 years has a bench warrant for his arrest for not

This answer was rated:

My son of 25 years has a bench warrant for his arrest for not showing up in court and not finishing his community service for a minor traffic violation here in Sag harbor New york.
Is there a possibility that they will send him to jail when he shows up for a new court date in two days?
Roby braun

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : It i certainly possible that the judge could put him in jail for contempt of court (failing to appear and failing to complete his probation), but that is not extremely likely given that this stems from a minor traffic offense.
Roger and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
He could be charged with criminal contempt, which can be charged as a second degree offense - - which is a class a misdemeanor.