Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

Does a conviction of possession of child pornography by a 65

Does a conviction of possession of child pornography by a 65 yr old disabled man with no other criminal records mean a lifetime ban of the use of computers or the internet?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

While I can't possibly tell you what this person's sentencing conditions are without having access to his court records, I can tell you that it is a pretty standard requrement that sex offenders are to refrain from some or all use of the computer during their terms of probation or parole. Once their sentence is complete, even if they have to register for the rest of their lives, they are not being monitored as to their computer access.