Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
26798026

Should they be able to inhance that to a from a bfenloy because

Should they be able to inhance that to a from a bfenloy because he has one prior felony
Hello again,

When a person is found to be a persistent offender, yes, a B felony may be enhanced and sentenced as an A felony. The statute clearly differentiates between a prior offender and a persistent offender, though, and those enhanced terms are clearly only applicable to persistent or dangerous offenders. If your prior offense was a Class A or B felony, you may be considered a dangerous offender, which could explain why they're enhancing the sentence.

If that's not the case, then you may want to ask your lawyer to explain more clearly their basis for doing this, because it's not clear from what you've said and the language of the statutes.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.