Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer
Experience:  OHIO//Texas Attorney Civil/Crimnal Practice

can I sue a court appointed lawyer?

can I sue a court appointed lawyer?

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.

I need a little more information.

Why do you wish to sue your court appointed attorney ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have atleast 3 or 4 different reasons/claims just dont know forsure what to call it. Just wondering if it was even possible to sue them for their misfeasance and nonfeasance misconduct with my case? I will explain later. I believe that those are what some of the way he has took in the case are called.

Yes for attorneys that do not meet the standard for competency for their handling your legal matters you can sue for malpractice. It does not matter if the attorney was appointed or you hired them yourself. An attorney represents the client and is answerable to the client not the individual or entity paying for the attorney's services.

Please accept my answer with a rating of 3 or better so I may get credit for my response. If you have follow up questions please ask. Please note that paying the deposit does not cause funds to be disbursed until you rate my response (3 or greater).