Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

How do I regain my rights afer a felony conviction? I have

Customer Question

How do I regain my rights afer a felony conviction? I have 3 in Georgia from 1981 and 1 in Tennessee in 1984
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am afraid that GA will not restore your rights nor will TN without you applying for a pardon from the governors of each state. You are going to need an attorney in each state to apply for the pardons, but quite honestly with 3 in GA, it is not likely the governor will pardon all three felony convictions I am afraid. Have you sought out to file your petitions for pardons with the board of pardon and parole in GA and TN?