Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

I have been accused of by a family member who lives in

I have been accused of rape by a family member who lives in Mississippi. The family member has threatened to prosecute. The family member claims this happened during our childhood. We are both adults now. What should I do next to prepare and protect myself? I am concerned about the allegations because I am an educator.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this matter

Please tell me

1 - is this the first time this is coming up?

2 - in other words, she never made a police report when this allegedly occurred?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No police report was made when this allegedly occured. I just found out about the accusation yesterday. I'm not sure if a police report has been made yet. All my information has come from a third party. I am an educator and accusations like this can be detrimental to my character and my career.

Absolutely it is harmful to your career and as such could be defamation of character.

If no reports were made when it supposedly happened, I suggest she has to have a first hand witness or a confession. So I suggest that you will not want to talk to her, lest she has an investigation pending and try to get you to admit to this.

In the meantime, I suggest that you contact a local defamation attorney and have them write her a cease and desist letter stating that this is a serious matter of defamation and if she continues you will sue her for the same.

Remember, the state has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt your guilt and if there are no first hand witnesses, DNA, or a confession they will not be able to do that.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated