Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

i was charged with manufctuer of marijuana .i am disabled with

i was charged with manufctuer of marijuana .i am disabled with progressive m.s.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 10 months ago.

Samuel II :

Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to providing you information in this regard

Samuel II :

Please tell me what you need to know

Samuel II :

Thanks

Customer:

medical marijuana is not leagal i know...but will my health status efect outcome ? i use a walker or wheelchair now...with progressive nature of this form of this type of ms life expectancy is short. dio in 8-09

Samuel II :

Thank you

Samuel II :

And so what can I provide for you? Do you want to know the possible penatlies or what?

Samuel II :

You say manufacturing is the charge and so how much pot was that?

Samuel II :

Was it all for personal use?

Customer:

37 plants... 16 were less than 2 inches... yes personal.. no evidence of distribution

Samuel II :

Thank you

Samuel II :

The possible penalty is a fine of up to $5000 and up to 5 years in prison

Samuel II :

This is a felony offense. And so because of the amount of time that the court can impose, I suggest, it is in your best interest to at least consult with a local attorney to see what type of plea may be available for you

Customer:

they said they could smell it,searched,confiscated on 1-18=13...i moved six months later then warrant was issued july 16... at time there was no arrest or contact for that duration... and never marandized...

Samuel II :

Thank you

Customer:

all i can afford is public defender

Samuel II :

Well, you don't need to have Miranda rights read, if they have all the evidence they need.

Samuel II :

The only reason to mention you did not get Miranda rights is if you told them anything they need to get a conviction

Samuel II :

But if they already had all they need, it would not matter.

Samuel II :

I suggest that a PD is better than nothing since they are attorneys and dedicate their professional skills to the indigent

Samuel II :

And so I suggest you should contact your local PD and have them negoiate a plea to a suspended sentence with probation/

Customer:

is the timeline relevent ?

Samuel II :

And use your MS as part of your defense

Samuel II :

Even though Medical Marijuana is not legal in Florida

Customer:

its reason why

Customer:

they ceased cash and returned it

Samuel II :

Ok

Customer:

do they have that long to file ? 6 months

Samuel II :

Oh yes.

Samuel II :

The statute of limitations is 3 years to file charges

Samuel II :

So they have that long to file and can take even longer to actually prosecute once the charges are filed.

Customer:

in my mind i will take it to jury trile unless reduced to mis

Samuel II :

I see. Well, you have that right.

Samuel II :

But I suggest you may be able to get it reduced

Samuel II :

However, only a skilled local attorney is going to be able to negoiate that with you

Samuel II :

or for you

Samuel II :

On your behalf with the DA

Customer:

to not a felony possible

Samuel II :

It is my personal opinion that this whole War on Marijuana is so over rated and the courts and DA know it

Samuel II :

It is possible to have it reduced to a possession charge

Samuel II :

Yes

Customer:

will amount of money to prosicute come into play

Samuel II :

Generally it does, yes.

Samuel II :

DA would like to settle the matter out of court reasonably so as not to have taxpayer money pay for a trial

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Hello

We can continue here if you need to

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.