Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

Is it against the law for a felon to have live ammunition in

Is it against the law for a felon to have live ammunition in AZ.

Samuel II :

Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard

Samuel II :

Yes. A felon cannot purchase, possess or own live ammo.

Samuel II :

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated

Customer:

What charge would a felon face if they have ammunition in their possession.

Samuel II :

Hello

It is under Federal law

Samuel II :

18 USC 921 (a)(17)(B)&(C).

Samuel II :

And thanks for your patience while I located that reference

Samuel II :

And as you know, Federal law supersedes state law, unless the state law is more stringent

Customer:

I have another question say a felon has a firearm that has a broken firing pin and the gun cannot fire a bullet. would that still make them a prohibited possessor.

Samuel II :

I suggest if it was manufactured before 1898 then yes because it would be considered and antique firearm

Samuel II :

But if after that date, even though the pin is broken it would still be considered a Firearm that is prohibited by a felon

Samuel II :

Customer:

correct me if I'm wrong firearm is a object that can lunch a projectile bye mod of explosion.

Samuel II :

Yes. Correct. But the law says that a Felon cannot possess a gun that was manufactured after 1898. They can have an antique but not anything later than that. I suggest the thinking on that is because a firing pin can be removed and replaced at the ready.

Samuel II :

Remember, I dont make these laws.

Customer:

n