Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I was in a bar and pulled a sign off the wall as a dare. (Lapse

Customer Question

I was in a bar and pulled a sign off the wall as a dare. (Lapse in judgement). The bartender got pissed, ripped the sign from my hands, and my friends and I decided to leave. This happened about four days ago. Can I be charged with vandalism or destruction of property?!?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.

Samuel II :

Hello

My name is Samuel and I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

Samuel II :

It could be a charge of a Criminal Mischief in the 3rd degree under the Alabama code. But there would need to be damage to the sign or the wall

Samuel II :

Without damage there is no charge

Samuel II :

Was the sign or wall damaged?

Samuel II :

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated