Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

IS it possible or probable that I will lose custody of our

Customer Question

IS it possible or probable that I will lose custody of our child if these charges go through? The fact that I have even been charged will suspend my nursing license until it is resolved and I am looking at being unemployed. If he fails to show up to court will the charges be dropped?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

For the telephone or electronic harassment charges, no it is not likely you would lose custody of the children for this. Usually, the suspension or action on your nursing license would not occur until a conviction, since this does not have to do with the practice of your nursing.

If he fails to show up in court, generally the charges will be dismissed though. You still need to get an attorney for those charges because they can help better protect you and work to get the dismissal faster.