Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

I have never filed charges against him for domestic violence

I have never filed charges against him for domestic violence bc he is In the army and lose his job. Not even after he kicked in my door. I let the cops arrest me for it instead,,, I am not big enough to kick in a door. is there a time limit on filing against him or is that a bad idea.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the police charged you for this matter then I am afraid it is likely too late for you to file charges against him for domestic violence in the same incident. However, you can seek to try to file if you have evidence that he was the one who committed the offense and ultimately it is up to the DA to decide as long as it is within the statute of limitations for the charges. You can bring the matter to the DA for a determination though, nothing stops you from doing that.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.