CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  7+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I have jury duty and I just found out I have a warrant for

Customer Question

I have jury duty and I just found out I have a warrant for an unpaid ticket and not showing up. What will happen when I show up. I'm in the state of Texas.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 9 months ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. When are you scheduled to appear for jury duty?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This morning
Thank you for the additional information. If there was more time, I would have suggested filing a motion with the court, asking that the warrant be vacated and the hearing date re-set, so you can appear. Notwithstanding, you do need to appear but there is a good chance that this warrant may not be discovered. When you show up, you may be only required to check in and wait to see if you are selected for jury duty. The court may not necessarily run the names of each person who appears, just to see if there are any active warrants for them. If this does happen, the worse case is that you will be served with the warrant, taken into custody and post the bond to be released. In the event that this does not even become an issue, you want to make sure you have the warrant vacated and the case reset, so you do not have to go through that process and this can be resolved. The court is more concerned with your appearing for jury duty rather then the ticket, so this is not a situation where you need to volunteer any additional information, unless confronted with the situation.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!