Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

I, have a question about possible fraud or something else re:

I, have a question about possible fraud or something else re: INSURANCE. If part of an insurance application is completed and might be incorrect, then they before approving it, ask for more information (not about the possible error) and you want to start over, can you withdraw the application before it is approved or if you do it at that stage is it considered denied? If you withdraw it and start over with them will they allow that? If the answers are different than the first application is that considered fraud? Would you say you should apply with a different company because of that?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard

Will you be doing the entire application over? Or just giving more information on an unrelated issue?

If the latter is the case, how would you plan on correcting the original statement, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, the request is for giving more information on an unrelated issue. The doing of the application over, would that be the thing to do? The

other information originally given would have to be corrected with them by

telling them. If the application were withdrawn and reapplied for with them could they or would they consider the original and see the answers were different then would it be fraud or something else? Would they consider it denied if withdrawn and reapplied for with new answers? Is it already fraud or something else? The corrections could be made through their third party question service by calling and adding it, but is that then fraud? It could go there maybe through the agent. Most likely it can be added by their question service who sends the questions and answers to the underwriter.

If you redo the entire application, the first one should not be consider and I suggest they are not going to have an employee sit down and do a line by line comparison.

However, let's say they did - while they might in their minds question a discrepency and deny your application, there is nothing illegal about you making the changes

If you did not make the changes and it was not true and correct information and the application was accepted then it would be fraud.

However, I suggest if you are uncomfortable with being questioned about it, you can withdraw it and then them you found another company you want to deal with.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So, I, want to know: if changes are made can it still be considered fraud because of the original mistakes? Does it matter if it is withdrawn before approval? Does that prevent the fraud? Are you saying the new application without approval of the first one with the same company with different answers is not considered fraud?

I suggest it could be an attempted fraud. They could scrutinize the documents and decide to have you charged with attempted fraud for knowingly statting an untruth in an effort to get coverage.

HOWEVER, it is highly unlikely that a prosecutor would take the matter since you since made amends and did not get insurance based on a fraud