Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in criminal law, BA in criminal justice
20355756

I was recently arrested at Maryland live casino for criminal

Customer Question

I was recently arrested at Maryland live casino for criminal trespassing. I was affected to the casino so I sing for self exclusion but friend of mine keep taking me there because they don't chek the ideas at the door for self exclision. Now I am so afraid of quesquencs I know that I am facing a penalty of $500 or 90 days in jail or maybe both. I have a clean record never been in trouble befor, I feel like leaving the country, I really don't want even thing about going to the jail I really need your help please
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 10 months ago.

Hello there

-

-

I am a bit confused by your explanation -- can you tell me what you did that got you arrested for criminal trespassing? Were you completely banned from entering this casino PRIOR to being arrested and you violated the ban on entering the casino?

-

If you were banned from going into that casino can you tell me the reason WHY they banned you from the casino ?? What did you do to want you out?

-

-

MARY

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I banned my self by feeling up the self EXCLUSION PROGRAM it was my idea so I can stay away from casino but I went back or my friend took me back because they told me that they don't check ideas

Hello again Mohamed --

-

You banned yourself. Okay. However, the casino will not usually seek a criminal trespass arrest if you break a ban that you imposed upon yourself. Is there another reason WHY you were arrested for criminal trespassing ??

-

-

MARY

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not really I spend over 2000$ in couple of hours !!!!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't want this conversation to be in public please
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello are you there?

Hello again Mohamed --

-

We are not permitted to represent customers offline but I can give you some suggestions on how to handle these matters going forward. First, the reason why you were arrested seem to be unclear (at best) and not good enough to rise to the level of actually arresting your for criminal trespass (if the reason for the arrest was a self imposed ban), My suggestion is that you speak to the prosecutor on the date of the first hearing in this case when you get to court and explain what happened and ask that the charges be dismissed against you (a prosecutor has the power to dismiss such charges if the person does not have a criminal record or history of being involved in other non criminal incidents). If the prosecutor is unwilling to dismiss the charges outright then you should discuss with the prosecutor the minimum fine here and ask that the entire case be granted what is called either "pretrial probation' -- this is where the court continues the matter without a finding for 6 months and then after 6 months the matter will be dismissed so long as you have not been in any additional trouble with the police or the courts during that six month period AND you will not get a criminal record. If you do not believe that you will be able to handle the negotiations with the prosecutor by yourself then you may want to seek out an attorney to assist you with thees matters (it will be worth the cost of the attorney because you can avoid getting a criminal record if the matter is handled appropriately). To find a local attorney to assist you in these matters you should contact your local county bar association -- here is a link to their referral section -- http://www.msba.org/public/referral.asp you should ask for a criminal law specialist to help you in court for these matters. Finally -- I note that you asked for the conversation to not be made public -- you have to press a positive rating under this ANSWER box and then when the entire thread is completed and closed the customer service can remove it from the public view.

-

Please let me know if you hae more questions. If not, please press the 3rd, 4th or 5th smile face underneath this ANSWER box (below) so I will be paid for my time. I am not paid unless you press a positive rating below. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

-

MARY