Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
11217539

i had to for probation drug test but I couldnt. they

Customer Question

i had to piss for probation drug test but I couldn't. they pressured me and I was still unable. it was after work hours so they wouldn't give me the time needed so they could go home. how long are they required to give me to produce a urine sample? I walked out with them so they could go home and now they are saying I have a dirty urine because I couldn't piss. I told them before they left that I wasn't leaving without leaving a urine because Ive been on probation 3 years and I wasn't going to get stuck with a dirty urine. My po told me to come back at 830 in the morning and she would be fine with that. I went back the next morning and she refused to test me saying that because I couldn't piss the day before I had a dirty urine.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 10 months ago.
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

Has a violation been issued yet?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

not yet I just did three years of this shit and I have 10 days till im done

Expert:  Nate replied 10 months ago.
Ouch. That's close.

I would suggest you do this. Go immediately to a private lab and have a test done. It would be rare that an illegal substance would metabolize out of your system this quickly. That way you have proof that you are not dirty in case your probation officer decides to violate you. You can present the clean test to the court.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

what does it say in the law books on how long u have to take a piss? they made me leave

Expert:  Nate replied 10 months ago.
There's no law or rule for the amount of time. If you were there at 9am they probably would have let you stick around for hours, but since it was closing time, they wanted to go home.

Since there is no set "time" to allow a probationer to urinate, you're best bet is to go get that independent test done so you at least have proof on your side to show you are clean.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

im in new York state and steuben county 14810 zip code can u find me options on where to go so I can pay cash for a urine test?

Expert:  Nate replied 10 months ago.
There's a few. Be sure to call ahead and ensure they do blood / urine tests for individuals. They all should take cash.

Wayland Laboratory Services XXXXX
Wayland, NY 14572 (NNN) NNN-NNNN

Life Science Laboratories XXXXX
Wayland, NY 14572 (NNN) NNN-NNNN

Bath Laboratory Patient Center XXXXX
Bath, NY 14810 (NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

thanks Nate your the best is there anyway to be able to get back at probation for doing all this to me day after day? its way out of control with this lady and shes the only 1 doing this shit. cant sleep and no matter how good u try your always looking over y shoulder.

Expert:  Nate replied 10 months ago.
Some of them are like that and there's just not much to be done, other than keeping detailed records and going overboard in trying to comply with her requirements. It's a pain, I know, but when I have clients in similar situations to yours, that's what I normally tell them.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

im done on November 8 as my paper work says from the judge ive paid all fines and all that. I had mistermiener for d.u.i I went to probation this morning to do a piss test and she said shes talking to her boss about it and refused me to do a piss test and I have to go back tmro now. should I go get ahold of a lawyer and go with me?

Expert:  Nate replied 10 months ago.
It's never a bad idea to bring a lawyer with you. If you can do that, go ahead and do it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

thanks again Nate for everything do u live neer me by any chance?

Expert:  Nate replied 10 months ago.
Unfortunately, no, but we're not allowed to take on clients from this service.

Good luck - I hope you get things squared away and get off probation on time.
Nate, Lawyer
Experience: Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hey nate its steve again I chatted with u the other day and I did what u suggested and went an got a urine screen and its all good came back clean and im done with probation in 7 days but patty my probation officer is calling me and telling me to everyday to come day there to see her and making just sit there then she tells the secratary that shes busy to come back later that day then when I go back to come the next day its f**ken stupid I know and your a busy man ive been looking for a lawyer that would be intrasted in bringing up how she is going out of her way to toy with me. Nobody in this little town will bring up this issue. Im not just writing this to vent to u nate and sorry to bother u but I want to find somebody that will look into this or let me show them what is really going on I have money to hire but cant find anybody around here. Any ideas????????????

Expert:  Nate replied 10 months ago.
You may have to go further out from your area to find a lawyer. Try the New York Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service, and look a county or two away from your location.

http://www.nycbar.org/get-legal-help/legal-referral-service

In the meantime, you're so close - just do whatever she says, no matter how ridiculous and deal with it later with the lawyer you hire.