Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

State of nevada is holding my fiancé for extradition warrant

State of nevada is holding my fiancé for extradition warrant from tennessee, she signed the extradition waiver and been told that tennessee has 30 days to come and get her.
is she going to be in the jail for 30 days regardless tennessees respond?
what if tn responds that they are not willing to come and get her after 15 days will she be realesed after 15 days?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am afraid that she would be held for as long as it takes for TN to come and get her. If at the 30 day period TN has not come to get her, then she would be released by NV.

Of course if TN notifies NV within 15 days they are not interested in extraditing her, then she would be released from the jail at that time and they would not hold her for the whole 30 days.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if TN decides to do not get her will they let NV know or they will just not respond? how it usually works?

Thank you for your response.

No, if TN does not want to extradite, they will notify NV. They have to respond to NV's request one way or another.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

usually how long it take them to respond is there any time frame that they have to respond with answer or no?

thank you

Thank you for your response.

Actually, many times, depending on the DA, it will take at least 20 days because the way this process works is that they have to send a request to the Governor of TN who has to send a request to the Governor of NV and that takes time. They will notify the NV officials though usually in about 10-15 days if they have an intent to extradite.