Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

Is a person guilty of murder if they admit to buying and giving

Is a person guilty of murder if they admit to buying and giving a lethal injection of heroin to another after saying for months that they wanted this person dead?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Alex J. Esq. :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex J. Esq. :

Are you online with me?

Alex J. Esq. :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Customer:

Yes

Alex J. Esq. :

I am sorry to hear about this tragic situation.

Customer:

Thank you

Alex J. Esq. :

Unfortunately, there is no simple "yes" or "no" answer.

Customer:

Please explain

Alex J. Esq. :

The answer would depend on the circumstances, facts and evidence that exist.

Alex J. Esq. :

or can be discovered during any criminal investigation.

Alex J. Esq. :

Basically, in order for someone to be charged with murder, the prosecution would have to prove beyond any reasonable doubt, that the defendant had an intent to kill the victim, prior to administering the lethal injection.

Alex J. Esq. :

Does that make sense?

Customer:

The person who gave my daughter this lethal dose actually admitted that she did it the night she dies but I have many months of text messages telling me that this girl was going to kill my daughter. This is not the first person who has died in the company of the person either

Alex J. Esq. :

I am so sorry to learn about this tragedy!

Alex J. Esq. :

Can you please tell me if the person who administered the lethal injection of heroin was arrested and charged with any crime related to this situation?

Customer:

Is it worth persuing with the police?

Customer:

Not yet it just happened

Alex J. Esq. :

When did this happen??

Customer:

This past Thursday

Alex J. Esq. :

Is police investigating this matter and was a detective assigned to this homicide?

Customer:

No, I have called and left many messages but have yet to hear from anyone

Alex J. Esq. :

did the coroner determine the cause of death?

Alex J. Esq. :

Was police and EMS called to the place where your daughter died?

Customer:

The medical examiner called and told me that it would be at least four months before they had results of the tox. tests

Customer:

EMS were called and no police.

Alex J. Esq. :

Thank you for that information.

Customer:

I don't understand why no police were called. Is that normal?

Alex J. Esq. :

I would suggest that you do not call, but go directly to the police station that is local to the location of your daughter's death.

Alex J. Esq. :

No.

Alex J. Esq. :

It is very unusual.

Alex J. Esq. :

Also, I would suggest that you contact local DA Office as soon as possible.

Customer:

I thought so too. I will go to the police station myself tomorrow. And talk to the DA

Alex J. Esq. :

Correct.

Alex J. Esq. :

This is outrageous that your daughter might have been intentionally murdered and nobody is investigating this major crime.

Customer:

Thank you. You have give me at least a direction to go and I appreciate that. I have months of texts from my daughter who said that this girl told her she was going to kill her and I can

Customer:

't even get a responce from the police'

Alex J. Esq. :

When you go to the police, if the police officer at the front desk doesn't appear to be helpful, ask to speak to the shift supervisor.

Customer:

'Ok. I don't live in the same county as my daughter did and perhaps that is why they are ignoring my requests

Alex J. Esq. :

When you go there in person, they will have no choice, but will have to take the report and also pay attention.

Alex J. Esq. :

Make sure you get the names and ranks of everyone you speak to and also get their contact information, such as phone numbers and emails.

Customer:

Thank you very much. I did not know what to do and you really helped me.

Alex J. Esq. :

I am terribly sorry about your huge loss and I will have you in my prayers tonigh!

Alex J. Esq. :

Do you have any related follow up questions for me?

Customer:

Thanks. I appreciate that and thank you for easing my mind. I may just be able to get some rest myself. I have no morre questions but I can tell you that you were worth the price x100

Alex J. Esq. :

Thank you and God bless you during this difficult times!

Alex J. Esq. :

I wish you the best of luck.

Please click on the "Excellent Service" feedback, so I can receive credit for my answer.

Bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, but are not required

Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor