How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question

TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10639
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-husband, through non compliant unilateral filings re:

Resolved Question:

My ex-husband, through non compliant unilateral filings re: a domestic LLC, also patently lying, misrepresenting facts and utilizing unauthorized and fraudulently obtained documents got a notary public to quit claim to him sole ownership of a home worth 1,250,000 that is co owner 50/50 by us both. He stole my half. I have civil lawyers preparing pleadings and he did i so stupidly that it is so obvious exactly what he manipulated and how he went about this theft that they are totally unconcerned about winning -- but I'm wondering, especially since I am a permanently disabled adult, he's caused me tremendous pain and suffering including threatening to kill my son and I if I filed a civil suit against him, should I pursue criminal charges as well in terms of something like larceny, or even assault.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

What you describe is outrageous. To clarify, what did he do ... forge your name? And did the notary sign the quitclaim deed even though you weren't there?

Also, can you describe the threats in greater detail? I'm just trying to determine if there could be possible charges for criminal harassment, assault, or something else along those lines.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He over six months time through non compliant filings with the State of Nevada (the CA residence was held by a Nevada LLC), filings I was never informed of and that did not receive the necessary 2/3 vote to pass as there were only two of us that owned the property, he cut my name off as manager, amended the articles of organization, gave himself full authority to act on behalf of the LLC as manager -- then he filled out a quit claim deed form saying the asset had been liquidated and funds distributed (through I knew nothing and received not a penny) and then had it quit claimed to him.



We I confronted him he went into great detail about his chemical engineering past and how he could construct a bomb and put it under my son's car and kill him. He said he had connections with organized crime in Chicago (his father was a HUGE business man there and he and his family including this perpetrator I speak of were best friends with the head of the mob there for decades, Alan Dorfman. Michael claimed that Alan's son, Jimmy, had assured him he could have me killed if I brought suit against him.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again.

I'm sorry to hear about all of this. It's almost unbelievable.

To get back to your question: "I'm wondering ... should I pursue criminal charges as well in terms of something like larceny, or even assault."

First and foremost, I would certainly inform the police about the threats so that there is a written record just in case something happens, and so that the police can investigate. I would also file for a temporary restraining order. The police should be able to help you with that (they often do so for domestic violence victims, so I don't see why they wouldn't help you with it). All of this helps to establish a record, and could be useful if he does attempt to harm you or your son. Of course, a restraining order could also help the police to keep him away. Unfortunately, until the ex makes good on a threat, it wouldn't rise to the level of assault yet.

With regard to the quitclaim deed, the police will likely not be of much help. The police are often not very helpful with regard to white collar crime. But you may want to ask to speak to the detective in charge of white collar crime in your police department (if they have one) just in case. I suspect they won't be of much help, though, because they'll claim that it's a civil issue. Accordingly, you would likely make more headway by contacting the local prosecutor, who may have a better grasp of the legal issues regarding the transfer of the property, and whether it can be pursued as a crime. I don't see why it wouldn't be considered fraud and/or theft, but the prosecutor should be able to give you a good idea as to whether it's something they'll pursue.

And then, of course, you can pursue your ex in civil court for a variety of reasons. Even when threats do not rise to the level of criminal assault, it's possible that they can rise to the level of civil assault. Moreover, you may have a case for intentional infliction of emotional distress. In order to win a lawsuit for that, you'd have to prove that your ex's conduct was extreme and outrageous, and that you suffered severe emotional distress. Based on what you wrote, it sounds like this may be a viable case. Then, there are potential causes of action for conversion and fraud. A creative lawyer could probably come up with half-a-dozen causes of action. Based on what you wrote, there is potential for not only compensatory damages, but also punitive damages.

I suggest that you retain a local attorney. The attorney can help in several ways. First, the attorney can likely get better traction with the police and prosecutor to have this situation investigated. Second, the attorney can file a lawsuit against your ex and possibly others who may have had a hand in this. I would ideally seek an attorney licensed in both California and Nevada.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To TJ, Esq." in the subject line of your question.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10639
Experience: JD, MBA
TJ, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Your Expert advise has provided insight on a difficult situation. Thank you so much for the prompt response. I will definitely recommend your website to my friends. Norma Pensacola, FL
< Previous | Next >
  • Your Expert advise has provided insight on a difficult situation. Thank you so much for the prompt response. I will definitely recommend your website to my friends. Norma Pensacola, FL
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL

Meet The Experts:

  • Ely

    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
< Last | Next >
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • Nate's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
  • P. Simmons's Avatar

    P. Simmons


    Satisfied Customers:

    16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
  • LawTalk's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    30 years legal experience
  • Marsha411JD's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
  • RobertJDFL's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
  • AttorneyTom's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers: