Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

I had a domestic violence case in 2000 with my ex-boyfriend.

I had a domestic violence case in 2000 with my ex-boyfriend. The prosecutor would not bring charges against me so the result was Nolle Presequi. My lawyer filed an expungement request shortly thereafter. I noticed 6 months ago the case was showing up in the online web database for MD Judiciary Case Search. I contacted my original lawyer and she re-filed expungement. This is for Baltimore City and they are really infamous for being incompetent. it has been over 120 days and the case is still showing up. Is there anything else I can do to get this case removed?

I had a similar case in Howard Co, MD, and they removed it within 90 days so I know that the cases can be removed from the database.
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

Your statement about Baltimore City may be a little bit of an understatement. The District of Columbia and Baltimore City are neck and neck for the most dysfunctional court systems in the mid Atlantic.

There are so many things that could be happening here. It is entirely possible the expungement is complete and the state has not updated their database. It is also possible that it is somewhere in the inner workings of the court clerk's office making it's way slowly through.

And there's always the chance it's been lost again.

If it does not come through in the next month or so, I would suggest that your attorney file a motion and get in front of a judge, indicating both attempts to get the nolle'd charge expunged. A direct from the judge will do the trick at that point.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.