Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law

How do I file a criminal complaint for perjury against a police

How do I file a criminal complaint for perjury against a police officer or officer in training, based on the criminal complaint against me being a sworn under penalty document that not true.

Civilians cannot file criminal charges directly. Individuals are charged by either the police or the prosecutor's office. Obviously, it would not make sense to go to the police in an attempt to get charges filed so you may want to try contacting the prosecutor's office. If the charges against you are still pending, it is not a great idea to contact them since they can use anything you say against you, but that is up to you. If you have any evidence that helps to prove that perjury occurred, you may want to take it with you. Otherwise, prosecutors are very reluctant to file perjury charges if it is your word against the officer's...they will generally require more evidence than that to go forward on perjury charges.