Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I was on the site omegle and made a poor choice. I was chatting

I was on the site omegle and made a poor choice. I was chatting with person. I asked thier age. They stated it was 19. I asked if they wanted to continue to another site to exchange pictures they say yes. We then went to a site called kik. We said hi. I asked for a pic. They sent a provacative partially closed pic. No private parts. Just sheet covered. I then sent a nude pic of my groin area. (Poor choice). And asked for more pics of them. They then disconnected from the chat. I my free of legal harm since they stated they were 19. My fear is I have no way to prove it. I am 43 and have learned a lesson. The internet is not for sex
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Samuel II :

Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

Samuel II :

What do you mean there is no way to prove they said they were 19?

Samuel II :

You did not take a screenshot of that part of the chat?

Customer:

No I did not.

Samuel II :

Unfortunately that could be a problem if it as a set up

Customer:

I saved non of the chat

Samuel II :

But if it was a sting of some sort, they would have to have evidence of the chat

Samuel II :

and it would show the conversation where you asked the age and got a response

Samuel II :

So if there are any charges that come out of this, I suggest that your local attorney could get that chat information via a discovery process

Customer:

But they did answer they were 19. Can they do that and not be 19..in a sting

Samuel II :

Yes, they can. However, there is no way you are to anticipate they are lying, you see

Samuel II :

So if you asked directly and they gave a number like 18

Samuel II :

or 19

Samuel II :

Then there should be no case. Though it could cause you a small headache of worry

Samuel II :

If you would have said - are you 18

Samuel II :

and they answered yes, it might not be as simple a defense for you

Samuel II :

Maybe they went offline because someone came into the room they were in and it might not be anything at all

Customer:

Yes. I asked asl. They said 19 you? I said 25. . . Which was a lie because I am 43

Customer:

How long would it usually take for me to be contacted if I was in trouble

Samuel II :

Sometimes, they try to get you more than one time.

Samuel II :

And try to lure you to a physical place

Samuel II :

I would say that it could be 6 months or so.

Samuel II :

I suggest that if it is a sting, they have your computer address and will be monitoring these type of websites

Samuel II :

to see if you show up again

Samuel II :

So you might just want to not go on them

Samuel II :

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello

We can continue here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. There will be no next time or lure of Meeting. The unclear question I have is. I thought it was legal for two people over 19 yo exchange nude pics. At least if they say they over 18?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello

You are correct. It is not illegal for consenting adults - 18 and over to exchange sexually explicit pictures as long as they do not involve any minors
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So if they said they are 19 I was safe to believe they were 19

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So if they said they are 19 I was safe to believe they were 19?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Helllo

As long as there picture did not show a 10 year old, you know what I mean?

One cannot say well she said she was 19 if she was in fact 10 - and we all have a duty to be reasonable in our decision making.

Otherwise, the answer to your quesiton is yes. And say she was 17 and looked 23 and said she was 19 that is a defense.

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.