Law Pro, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  20 years trial experience in defense of criminal cases

I was given the advice for someone to just avoid a neighbor

I was given the advice for someone to just avoid a neighbor as some unpleasant things were going on, what do I do if she emails and is involved in their life? Depend on them for help? Don't have anyone else? The things could have been harassment or something else but they did not think it was anything criminal. Just to avoid it. Do you not ever respond and not explain? They seem to do helpful things but seems unhelpful things are going on too.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be the attorney assisting you.

Have there ever been calls to the police about a situation between the neighbor and your friend?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. Do you want examples of what happened?

Yes, please. That would give me some background information to advise you about.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Drove, left house at a certain time, placed markers on driveway in front of where person drives which were not random but distracting, may have changed traffic patterns near the home which were more dangerous, gave gift which was a certain color that others imitated, and was seen everywhere but was not complimentary to recipient but another person they both knew was favored, then others did the same thing, made too much food at a gathering implying they were "cheap" because they did not like them, it did not offend anyone else, kept very busy and did not tell the person, just were hard to reach and expected them to keep trying. Driving and markers could cause an accident. Do not know if the total of the things is a problem either, too many of them...

What are you thinking you want to do in this?

I just don't see that they did anything illegal or actionable in court from the facts and circumstances you presented.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to know if it is all right to keep in contact or if to not have any interaction go on which is hard with a neighbor. Do you think it could be harmful? You are not concerned about the amount of the things?

I would keep a distance because the neighbor is obviously disturbed.

Too, if you are sure that they do something and you think it illegal or crazy - call the police so that you have a record of the incident.

I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid the neighbor - but just give them room, be cordial, and no more than that.

I would limit my contact and communications as much as possible.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX so, what if there is a time when someone depended upon them, what if they had to? Would you suggest they find someone else,

if possible? That is what I got from your answer.

Yes, I would not depend on them but find someone else to assist me. It wouldn't appear that they are reliable nor responsible nor have the best interests for the person in mind - so I would immediately be looking for someone else to assist me.