Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

I was denied restoration after revocation in NY due to a fatal

I was denied restoration after revocation in NY due to a fatal accident. That accident was the main reason for my denial, but they aslo stated I had a history of "repeat offenses", and listed 4 personal injury accidents. In two of these accidents, other parties were at fault (I was rear-ended in one, and a truck slid across the road and hit me head on in the other-in both cases I was found 0% liable). The other two were while I was on-duty as a police officer, at the scene of another accident, when my police car was struck, so those are not chargeable to me either. Except for this one incident, I had a sterling driving record, and had every safe driver discount available to me. Do I have any recourse since they are charging me with non-chargeable accidents?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If DMV has denied your reinstatement in an appeal hearing, your next recourse is to seek to appeal their denial based on the grounds you set forth above regarding the fact that the other accidents were not chargeable to you and as such they based their decision at least in part to accidents you should not be held accountable for. Of course, to do this you need to get an attorney in NY to take your case to court, but based on what you have said they would need to evaluate the actual decision of the DMV to determine how much the other non-chargeable accidents weighed into the decision, since if they did not weigh in the decision DMV should not have mentioned those accidents.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.