Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

How do expunged records show up on a FBI check requested by

How do expunged records show up on a FBI check requested by a government agency for employment?

What is your best advice on explaining solicitation of prostitution charge, not conviction to a prospective employer?
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

That depends on what kind of check they do. What is the particular government agency to which you are applying?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Juvenile Court - County

Okay. Expungements do prevent your average civilian company from ever seeing your criminal past. However, juvenile courts will have access to the NCIC database, which shows everything, including expunged charges. It will show up as expunged, however, not as a conviction.

Under the law, once is something expunged, you do not have to mention it on any application. It's somewhat peculiar to think about, but they'll know about it but it won't be considered something held against you because of its expunged status.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Two incidents for the same thing. The first incident was expunged. Subsequently, I was arrested again in a different jurisdiction and it was null processed. Just over 6 years ago was the latter incident. I have had no other issues since then. How do you explain to human resources of the court system?

There is really nothing to explain. It was expunged and will be treated as if it never happened. I'm just informing you that it will never not be found by law enforcement, and the court system is able to use the database that law enforcement has access.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am assuming that they will see both records. So my response to them should not reflect/consider what might be concluded if seeing both records since the expungement does not require an explanation.

That would be correct.