Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

me and my wife split up on september 14th and she movied in

me and my wife split up on september 14th and she movied in a men that same night and on sep.15th that man gave my 13 year old son and a 13 year old that he was watching Trazodon the other 13 year old had to go to the er and my son called his grandma and talked to her for 4 hours crying and scared and was seeing thing and saying that he was wuzzy and stumboling in to things the next day my wifes mom called her and was asking what was going on and why this man gave my son meds. then my wife told my son to fix what he did and he told his grandma that he was not given meds and he was sleep calling. i also have a 10 year old in the house i dont know if he was given Trazodon or not. its been a month now im going back to see my kids and i need to know if i can have her and the man arested for child endangerment i also dont know if they are still giving it to them or not and i have the talk between my son and his grandma about the man not giving him meds and he was sleep calling. can i charge them?

Alex J. Esq. :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex J. Esq. :

Are you online with me?

Alex J. Esq. :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Customer:

yes

Alex J. Esq. :

I am sorry about this difficult situation.

Alex J. Esq. :

Did you report this incident to the local police and Oklahoma Child Protective Services right away?

Customer:

thank you i just found out that the man gave it to my son to yesterday and i have not reported it yet because im in california and going back to oklahoma on tuseday and i wanted to what till i was there so my kids would stay together my oldest son is my stepson but i have been there sence befor he was born and he sees me as his dad but the courts may not and i dont want them split up

Alex J. Esq. :

Well, this type of incident has to be reported to the local police where the children reside and also to the Oklahoma Child Protective Services and the authorities will investigate your report and will take proper action upon conclusion of their investigation, however such investigations take time and the authorities will interview the kids, the mother and also the boyfriend and will also request medical records from the ER for the child.

Alex J. Esq. :

Does this make sense?

Alex J. Esq. :

Can you please let me know if what I stated above makes sense?

Customer:

yes but can i have both of them charged? and can cps do anything now?

Alex J. Esq. :

Unfortunately, you cannot charge anyone with a crime.

Alex J. Esq. :

It is up to the police and prosecutor to make determination whether to bring criminal charges.

Alex J. Esq. :

All that you can do is report any information of child abuse or child neglect that you have.

Alex J. Esq. :

CPS can do a lot of things if the report is verified and it is determined that the children are being drugged up.

Customer:

ok then i think i need to get on that right away thank you

Alex J. Esq. :

The action can range from CPS taking custody of the children away from the mother to bringing felony child endangerment charges against the mother and her new boyfriend.

Alex J. Esq. :

I completely understand how upset and angry you must be with this situation and I would encourage you to try to stay as calm as you have and to pursue this matter by reporting this unacceptable and criminal actions to the authorities as soon as you can.

Customer:

thats what i want sence she has been with him she has not been paying the bills and spending her money on him and things she dont need and the kids are the ones that are suffering thank you for your help

Alex J. Esq. :

I wish you the best of luck.

Please click on the "Excellent Service" feedback, so I can receive credit for my answer.

Bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, but are not required