Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

In the state of Minnesota can a officer give a breathalyzer

In the state of Minnesota can a officer give a breathalyzer test to a minor at a party who has not been driving without parents consent

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

The answer is yes. If the minor is at a party where there is alcohol then the officer has probable cause to give such a test and parents do not have to give permission.

Now, once a minor is arrested then the office must tell the minor they have a right to have a lawyer and they have a right to consult with a parent about whether they should have a lawyer during any questioning that may take place.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.