Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

charged with attempted murder buy someone who said I was driving

charged with attempted murder buy someone who said I was driving a car that fired shots which hit a person four times according to police. what are my options. My stepdaughter is in jail under a 250000 bond. She claims she wasn't there. She is going to court with an appointed lawyer to try to get her bond reduced
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

She has an appointed lawyer. Representation is the most important thing, which she has. If you can afford to retain a lawyer to replace the appointed attorney, that is your/her decision to make.

Knowing the exact options available is nearly impossible early in the process for a charge this serious. Her attorney is going to have to request criminal discovery from the state (the evidence against her) and evaluate the case. Ideally, he will be able to get the bond reduced to an amount that the family can make so she can be out of custody while the case moves forward. That decision regarding the bond amount will solely be up to the judge.

What will eventually happen depends on the strength of the state's evidence and the credibility of the witness who says she was driving the car. Her attorney is the only person who is in a position to evaluate the case against her and advise as to what her options are and what she should do.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.