Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

I assaulted someone in one state, the person I assaulted decline

I assaulted someone in one state, the person I assaulted decline to press charges in that state but went back home to where they lived and filed a assault report with an officer they call to there house. My question is, can I be charged in that state where I committed no assault by the state prosecutor?
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
My question is, can I be charged in that state where I committed no assault by the state prosecutor?

No, the assault charge would have to be filed in the state where it allegedly took place. If it didn't happen in a particular state, that state's criminal justice system would have no legal jurisdiction over the case. Only the prosecutors in the state where a criminal action or offense occurred have the juridsiction to prosecute a case if they choose to do so.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your info, I will talk with the family Lawyer on Monday.

You are very welcome. Glad to help.
.
.
Thanks