Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer
Experience:  OHIO//Texas Attorney Civil/Crimnal Practice
14472836

can the criminal record for shoplifting been expunged tota

can the criminal record for shoplifting been expunged totally?

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.

Until perhaps today, in the state of Pennsylvania you can only expunge your record if you were not convicted. It appears that today Senate Bill 391 was passed to allow individuals who have misdemeanors in the second or third degree (which can apply to shoplifting) to apply to have their criminal records expunged if they have not reoffended in seven years for second degree misdemeanors or ten years for third degree misdemeanors.

You might have to wait until the law goes into effect before actually applying. I believe the governor still has to sign the bill.

Please accept my answer with a rating of 3 or better so I may get credit for my response. If you have follow up questions please ask. Please note that paying the deposit does not cause funds to be disbursed until you rate my response (3 or greater).