Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal law experience in both JAG and the civilian sector.

This question concerns the RICO Act. I have been told that

This question concerns the RICO Act.
I have been told that under the RICO Act, the use of mail or wires to advance a scheme to defaud are often important points for a plaintiff to establish in civil actions. What counts as use of the wires under the RICO Act? Does phone use or internet use count as use of wires?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today. I bring nearly 20 years of experience in various legal disciplines.

The statute itself obviously doesn't refer to the internet or emails, using simply the term "wire" which at the time referred to telephone communications.

Cases have, however, found that internet and emails can constitute "wire" for the purposes of pleading a wire fraud claim.