How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16581
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my daughter got a dui in Florida and then moved to New Hampshire,

This answer was rated:

If my daughter got a dui in Florida and then moved to New Hampshire, how is the penalty enforced? According to Florida law or New Hampshire law?
Hello. My name isXXXXX am a Florida licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.

Was your daughter convicted and sentenced for this DUI in Florida?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. She was just notified that she is being convicted in Florida but she now lives in New Hampshire. How is her penalty going to be enforced?

Thank you for your follow up.

What sentence did your daughter receive?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She stated something of a device for her car for a period of six months and a fine

Thank you for your follow up.

Since your daughter has committed and was convicted of DUI in Florida, your daughter will have to complete her entire Florida sentence, such as installation of a an ignition interlock device or payment of any fines as ordered by the Florida court.

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you