Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

I was convicted of hs11550A and sentencing included pc1000

I was convicted of hs11550A and sentencing included pc1000 drug program which I did not complete. I got back into rehab but insurance or doctors kick you out. Now warrant out for my arrest. I can post the 500 bail the warrant states that posting bail may avoid arrest. If I get a call Monday and am able to reenter an 30 day inhouse would I be protected from arrest and could I have my dad go to the court and post bail. I will at some point need to persuade the judge that after a slow start if I can satisfactorally complete say McDonalds Center with some community service and out patient for another 30.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a criminal lawyer.

I have never yet seen a court pull a drug offender from a rehab or treatment facility to make him show up in court. What you are proposing to do will be an uphill battle because the authorities won't be easily convinced, but it is a plan that I have seen work.

As you have an attorney already, you need to get your lawyer alerted so that the bail can be taken care of and a new date given to you so that you can show up when you are finished with your rehab. The judge will be far less likely to shoot the messenger if it's a lawyer rather than your father, who explains why you aren't in court.

Good luck!