How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MyraB Your Own Question
MyraB, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 371
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in criminal law and civil litigation from pre-trial practice to appeal.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
MyraB is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If theres a motion of discovery filed with the court. Is

This answer was rated:

If there's a motion of discovery filed with the court.

Is is considered wrong to answer it without waiting for the order?
Hello and thank you for your question.

A party is permitted to provide or supplement responses to discovery without waiting for an order from the court, and it is not considered wrong to do so.

If you mean "answer" in a way other than providing the information or documents that the motion seeks, then please clarify.

Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe that you understand. I want to respond now and get it over with as I have the request in my hand, but the judge did not order me to respond.


I will stick with answering ONLY the questions on this request.


So it is ok.

Thank you for your response. Sorry, I had to step away from the computer for a bit.


Yes, it's absolutely OK. The other party will be glad to get the answers/responses and it will help the case move along.

Let me know if you need any further information.

MyraB and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you