Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

My son has been arrested for possession of 0.1gr of controlled

My son has been arrested for possession of 0.1gr of controlled substances. He got 180 days for violation of probation. He has green card expired on January 2015. Most of the guys who got similar terms with him have been released. He is staying in jail on the base that INS should interview him. Why he is no released and waiting for INS authority? Can we somehow facilitate his release?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 9 months ago.
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

When is the immigration interview scheduled? and

What was the controlled substance he was caught with?

Let me know the above and I will get right back with you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

there is no date for jail immigration interview. They said it could take a year to get an interview. Controlled substance I believe was meth

Expert:  Nate replied 9 months ago.
It may be the nature of the drug that is the problem, though the interviews normally do not take that long.

There are a few drugs (primarily) that cause significant immigration problems, no matter how much you possess. Meth is one of them.

His attorney is ethically required to know and understand how criminal state law interacts with federal immigration law. His lawyer need to contact ICE and see exactly what is going on, especially if similarly situation individuals are getting out easier than him.

I suspect there is something else to the puzzle that remains unknown at this time - immigration offices tend to be pretty predictable in how they approach similar situations. The next step is to get his lawyer to contact the government and either figure out what is going on or speed up the process.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

What's is ICE ? My son is 5'5 130lbs blonde Russian guy who is systematically bitten and abused by all ethnic in mates groups. Two days ago he was jumped in jail and they put numerous stitches on his face because he is small they are delighted to provoke him and bitten him up .

Expert:  Nate replied 9 months ago.
ICE stands for Immigration and Customs Enforcement. It's the agency that replaced the INS (the INS no longer exists).

If he's having a rough time, it's even more imperative that you contact his lawyer (or retain a new one) to speed up the immigration process.
Nate, Lawyer
Experience: Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.