Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

My wife was pulling out of a parking space at work. She thought

My wife was pulling out of a parking space at work. She thought she hit the car next to hers but wasn't sure so she stopped and did not see any damage on her or car or the other car and she drove home. Today her company security department left her a note to report to their office about a hit and run investigation. My wife has no criminal background and is a CPA and very professional. I told he to be completely honest. What can I expect. Any problems my wife has become mine so I need to know how to best proceed.

Alex J. Esq. :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex J. Esq. :

Are you online with me?

Alex J. Esq. :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Customer:

Yes I am online now

Alex J. Esq. :

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Customer:

Never had this kind of issue and don't know how to proceed

Alex J. Esq. :

This is a serious situation.

Customer:

OK

Alex J. Esq. :

Can you please let me know if your wife gas spoken to her company security department yet?

Customer:

No she has not that would be tomorrow morning

Alex J. Esq. :

Well, first of all, it is a criminal offense to collide with another vehicle and to leave the scene of an accident without leaving at least a note with information, even if the driver who hit another vehicle did not think there was any serious damage.

Customer:

So I should get her an attorney her in CT

Alex J. Esq. :

So it is very important for your wife not to discuss this matter with anyone, without first consulting with a local experienced defense attorney and to have this local attorney present during any questioning.

Customer:

Thank you

Alex J. Esq. :

Even though, this might seem as a minor accident, unfortunately any admissions your wife makes or statements she gives without consulting with a local attorney, would generally only be used against her and would only make the situation worst.

Alex J. Esq. :

Does this make sense?

Customer:

Yes this makes sense

Alex J. Esq. :

I am once again very sorry this has happened, but an experience local criminal attorney should be able to address this issue and to get it resolved without any serious legal complications, especially given the fact that nobody was hurt or injured

Alex J. Esq. :

Do you have any related follow up questions?

Dear XXXXX,

I wish you the best of luck.

Please click on the "Excellent Service" feedback, so I can receive credit for my answer.

Bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, but are not required