Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

So, yesterday I took a trip with my friends. It was four of

So, yesterday I took a trip with my friends. It was four of us, and we all went to a girlfriends house. Long story short, they all smoke (Marijuana)- At the end of the night, we all wanted to take everyone home (I was the driver), we ended up getting pulled over for the simple fact that I turned my left signal on too late. But, when I rolled down my window, all you could smell was weed, and he immediately asked who had it because he could smell it. My friend in the passenger was honest and told him that he had a grinder in the compartment, and also a gasmask in his backpack. We gave it to him, and sure enough we were being sat, one by one, against the cop car being searched. 4 more cop cars came, and they started to search my car. They went through my purse, and they found a little container with weed baggies in it, all empty, but of course it added to everything. He ended up letting us go, 2 of us with tickets, and a warning for my signal. The other 2 friends were fine. I was wondering what my options are, around how much the ticket would be, and if I could get it off my record? I'm just really scared, and don't know where else to turn to.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

So you got a ticket and what is the charge on the ticket is it possession of marijuana?

Does it say you have to appear in court?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I got a warning and a citation for Posses. of Drug. Para. And, yes- The municipal court. When the cop was talking to me, he said the weed was nothing because it was such a small amount. I had a small pipe in my purse, also. That's what it was for, and the gas mask was my friends so HE got that ticket, too.

Thank you

The possible penalty for the small amount of pot is a possible 180 days and a fine not to exceed $2000

The paraphernalia is a possible fine not to exceed $500

I suggest that as a first time offender you could get a community service in lieu of any jail time and the fines. I suggest you will want to talk to a local attorney or the public defender to help negoiate the plea with the District Attorney.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will they make me pay the pot fine if it isn't listed on my ticket?

I honestly don't know what to do or where to go, I'm lost.

& Yes, I will give you a positive rating :)

As I said, the fine is a maximum of $2000 for the pot and it will be up to the Court to decide. I suspect that the court will not make it that high.

I suggest that you start with the Public Defender in your area and see if you qualify for their services.