Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
11217539

my son went to his plea hearing on oct 3rd. he was charged

my son went to his plea hearing on oct 3rd. he was charged with a 3rd degree felony of child molestation . the public defender and prosecutor agreed on a deal giving him 6 months in the county jail and 10 years on the sex offender registry. right now he is sitting in jail. his sentencing date is nov 25th. i am handicapped and my husband is ill. he is our primary care giver. is there any way i can get him out into my custody either by bail or house arrest?
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

There would be no bail at this point as he has agreed to the 6 months in jail. At his sentencing his public defender can bring up the prospect of house arrest to the court and prosecutor but that would be highly unlikely to be successful at this point, as an agreement has already been reached and prosecutors are never keen on altering the agreement in any significant way once it is made, especially if the agreement is already a good one for the defense like it seems to be in this case.

He was facing up to five years imprisonment for this charge and is only looking at six months, which would include the time he has already done. It appears based on my experience the deal worked out will get him back to assisting you and your husband as soon as legally possible.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!