Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

who do I need to talk to when in comes down to a cover up murder

who do I need to talk to when in comes down to a cover up murder case in another country outside the US.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your situation. Can you please tell me more about what happened?

1) Were you ever in Jamaica?
2) Who contacted you about this? Was this a telephone call by the alleged investigators?
3) What is the background story here?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its a long story but I will make it straight and simple. I'm a Jamaican national, citizen of the states and former military vet. my younger brother Orlando 22 yrs old body was found in a pool at a condominium resort in Jamaica on sunday august 18. my brother don't like water or swimming ever since we where kids growing up. along with all the information and facts that I gather for the 3 weeks in Jamaica for the funeral, me and my mum found out he was visiting a female friend and her little son up at the condominium. according to my knowledge they where the last persons he was with. I got a recording of the female stating that she saw him the Saturday morning then he left. its over a 30min conversation of lies and denial. but any way! the Sunday morning she checked out leaving a black plastic bag with my brothers belongings. this include his under shirt, his T-shirt, A short pants with his wallet and his money in it, also his watch, Jamaican pass. she drop those items off at the security gate to the guard that was working that morning. she then told him, Orlando, my brother will come pick up his belongings later when she already know that he was already dead from the early Sunday morning late Saturday night.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she took his phone with her or probably thrown it away some where but its currently going straight to voicemail. the police on the other hand told my mother and I their is 'no investigation' because; according to their government autopsy that they did without my consent he died asphyxia due to drowning.

J,

Thank you.

At this point, someone in your situation needs to retain counsel immediately. If the authorities in Jamaica suspect you of any illegal act, you may be in legal trouble if you ever come back to Jamaica and may be arrested. In addition, Jamaica may attempt to extradite you from USA.

So when you ask: "who do I need to talk to when in comes down to a cover up murder case in another country outside the US." The answer is: COUNSEL.

You can find a list of US-vetted attorneys in Jamaica here. Having a local attorney will have someone on the ground there who can work with the authorities to have you not be a suspect, and/or counter any unlawful activities by the authorities.

Good luck.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks for your help sir.

You are very welcome and thank you for your military service. Good luck, and please don't forget to rate my answer in one of top three faces and then SUBMIT – it is the only way I get credit for my time with you – or, please REPLY to keep on chatting – I want you to be satisfied.
Thank you for your gratuity.