Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

i was pulled over by a texas state trooper and turns out i

i was pulled over by a texas state trooper and turns out i had a little marijuana in the pick up so i was being arrested and while he was searching my truck a young lady sent me a text message and the trooper picked up my phone and replied "I'm going to jail for dope" is this legal because i really think that it is a invasion of privacy

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

The officer had a legal right and obligation to check the text message as it came into your phone, because of the fact that you have marijuana in your possession and so that is the reasonable suspicion needed to see what the text message said, as to be sure that it was not someone discussing with you how to get drugs.

And, while any arrest is public record for anyone to see the records, it was arrogant of the officer to text back that you were going to jail for dope.

Unfortunately, the only recourse you would have is to file a complaint about the behavior with the troopers superior.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated..