Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former administrative hearing officer

Hello Loren, Im Lisa. I have a no bail bench warrant for

Hello Loren,
I'm Lisa. I have a no bail bench warrant for a 2nd FTA in a case that was originally 2 cases. One for under the influence of meth and the other for possession of paraphernalia and scrapings of meth out of it. These were my 1st, lastlast & only times I've ever been in any trouble. Never on probation, parole or arrested in any way whatsoever. At the time of my court date I was also a witness in a viscious PC664/187 case and testifying. I was very, very worried to show up due to threats so I didn't go. Since then the guy took a deal and that case is over. Unfortunately I now have a "no bail bench warrant" and I should also tell you I have Stage 4 Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma & Sjogrens Syndrome. In fact when I went to jail for the 4 days I ended up going to the hospital via 911, was admitted and then finally cited out. I'm very ill right now but I don't think the judge will OR me again.The detectives I helped will help me in any way they can but I don't know what to do. Please help.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.

Rather than waiting to be arrested and hen being forced to sit in jail waiting for a hearing, I suggest you retain local defense counsel and make arrangements to surrender yourself at the courthouse with the detectives you helped. Even though the warrant is without bail, the judge still has discretion to bond you out and may be persuaded to do so by the fact that you aided the police and the original case has been disposed.

It is a roll of the dice because a bench warrant never expires. But surrendering yourself with your attorney allows for you to prearrange the outcome more than if you were arrested or just showed up in court without help.

It is my privilege to assist you.  Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Since this forum is no substitute for your own legal counsel, be sure to verify the information I have provided with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures.

I am happy to answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. 

Thank you.

Loren.    
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you Loren for your prompt help. I should be more specific in what I need to know. So here are the specifics of it.
1) Can I turn myself in at the station with the detective so that I can go to court the next day because going directly to the court always gets delayed for at least a few weeks and I'm afraid the judge will remand me without bail?
2) Are there any cases where your current medical condition can change the decision the judge would usually make to ensure I'm medically safe?
3) Can the detectives actually speak in court on my behalf and if wlling, promise to ensure I come back if need be?
4) What would normally be bail for this type of case so I can prepare for how much I would need?
5) It has been made clear through the grapevine that I'll be hurt in jail because I testified against a powerful person. How can they keep me safe?
6) Finally... In your experience what is likely to happen because this was my 2nd FTA with the same judge & in the same case?
I hope this isn't overloading you. I really want signing up for this service monthly works out for me. Thank you very much.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX following up with me.

1. Yes, you can arrange to turn yourself in to the detectives and they can try to arrange with the prosecutor's and judge to have an immediate bond hearing.

2. The judge has discretion to take your medical condition into account.

3. Yes, the detectives can testify in favor of your bond.

4. I do not practice in California. I am not familiar with the bond requirements but they do have bail bondsmen.

5. They can put you in protective isolation from other prisoners.

6. If you go in with an attorney and the detectives I feel it should go ok for you. Hopefully, everything can be arranged before you surrender so that you do not have to go to jail.

Thank you.

Loren, Lawyer
Experience: Former administrative hearing officer