How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Loren Your Own Question

Loren, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 23551
Experience:  Former administrative hearing officer
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello Loren, Im Lisa. I have a no bail bench warrant for

Resolved Question:

Hello Loren,
I'm Lisa. I have a no bail bench warrant for a 2nd FTA in a case that was originally 2 cases. One for under the influence of meth and the other for possession of paraphernalia and scrapings of meth out of it. These were my 1st, lastlast & only times I've ever been in any trouble. Never on probation, parole or arrested in any way whatsoever. At the time of my court date I was also a witness in a viscious PC664/187 case and testifying. I was very, very worried to show up due to threats so I didn't go. Since then the guy took a deal and that case is over. Unfortunately I now have a "no bail bench warrant" and I should also tell you I have Stage 4 Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma & Sjogrens Syndrome. In fact when I went to jail for the 4 days I ended up going to the hospital via 911, was admitted and then finally cited out. I'm very ill right now but I don't think the judge will OR me again.The detectives I helped will help me in any way they can but I don't know what to do. Please help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.

Rather than waiting to be arrested and hen being forced to sit in jail waiting for a hearing, I suggest you retain local defense counsel and make arrangements to surrender yourself at the courthouse with the detectives you helped. Even though the warrant is without bail, the judge still has discretion to bond you out and may be persuaded to do so by the fact that you aided the police and the original case has been disposed.

It is a roll of the dice because a bench warrant never expires. But surrendering yourself with your attorney allows for you to prearrange the outcome more than if you were arrested or just showed up in court without help.

It is my privilege to assist you.  Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Since this forum is no substitute for your own legal counsel, be sure to verify the information I have provided with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures.

I am happy to answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. 

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Loren for your prompt help. I should be more specific in what I need to know. So here are the specifics of it.
1) Can I turn myself in at the station with the detective so that I can go to court the next day because going directly to the court always gets delayed for at least a few weeks and I'm afraid the judge will remand me without bail?
2) Are there any cases where your current medical condition can change the decision the judge would usually make to ensure I'm medically safe?
3) Can the detectives actually speak in court on my behalf and if wlling, promise to ensure I come back if need be?
4) What would normally be bail for this type of case so I can prepare for how much I would need?
5) It has been made clear through the grapevine that I'll be hurt in jail because I testified against a powerful person. How can they keep me safe?
6) Finally... In your experience what is likely to happen because this was my 2nd FTA with the same judge & in the same case?
I hope this isn't overloading you. I really want signing up for this service monthly works out for me. Thank you very much.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX following up with me.

1. Yes, you can arrange to turn yourself in to the detectives and they can try to arrange with the prosecutor's and judge to have an immediate bond hearing.

2. The judge has discretion to take your medical condition into account.

3. Yes, the detectives can testify in favor of your bond.

4. I do not practice in California. I am not familiar with the bond requirements but they do have bail bondsmen.

5. They can put you in protective isolation from other prisoners.

6. If you go in with an attorney and the detectives I feel it should go ok for you. Hopefully, everything can be arranged before you surrender so that you do not have to go to jail.

Thank you.

Loren, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 23551
Experience: Former administrative hearing officer
Loren and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Your Expert advise has provided insight on a difficult situation. Thank you so much for the prompt response. I will definitely recommend your website to my friends. Norma Pensacola, FL
< Previous | Next >
  • Your Expert advise has provided insight on a difficult situation. Thank you so much for the prompt response. I will definitely recommend your website to my friends. Norma Pensacola, FL
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL

Meet The Experts:

  • Ely

    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
< Last | Next >
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • Nate's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
  • P. Simmons's Avatar

    P. Simmons


    Satisfied Customers:

    16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
  • LawTalk's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    30 years legal experience
  • Marsha411JD's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
  • RobertJDFL's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
  • AttorneyTom's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers: