CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  7+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

My nephew was arrested on a warrant for not filing his address

My nephew was arrested on a warrant for not filing his address as a sex offender.
he was homeless with no money or means and I had him placed on a greyhound bus and brought to the closes bus terminal to my home. he arrived on 8/8/2013 and I took him on
08/1/2013 to register. he was registered, started college on line and got a job, he was arrested after work on 9/3/2013 8pm and was taken to Franklincounty Jail, chambersburg,Pa until hi trail on 10/03/2013. is being taken to jail someplace in texas. warrant wasin montgomery county, texas. I needto find an attorney or public defender to help him there. I'm on disablity with small income and Albert has no income at all. We need help and really soon. thank you, XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, pa 17268
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 9 months ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If he has no money and you have little income, it may be best for him to apply for and to be appointed a public defender. If he is being held now in jail, he will go before the court shortly, at which time he would need to be appointed the public defender. If you want to retain private counsel, you can but representation would likely be over $1000 +, if you had to pay for him. To find attorneys in the county where he is being held, you can use a site like www.martindale.com or www.lawyers.com to retain counsel. The only thing you could really do to help at this time, is to retain private counsel, if you can afford it. Having power of attorney for him does not allow you to represent or fight for him in any other way, before the court.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience: 7+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.