Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Can I get house arrest in NJ if my dui is in Pennsylvania and

Can I get house arrest in NJ if my dui is in Pennsylvania and my conviction and sentence is and will be in Pennsylvania and what other options do I have.

The problem is that house arrest involves supervision, usually by probation or Parole, but PA would be unable to supervise you in another state. You would need to have your lawyer work this disposition out with the State of NJ, which would necessarily involve NJ probation or Parole being willing to and having the ability to supervise you.

You'd need the permission of the judge to work this out as well as the cooperation of both the PA and the NJ departments of probation or parole. I don't think it's impossible if nobody's opposed to it. But putting it all together will probably neither be quick nor easy.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you very much that was very important to know but do you know of any secondary options that might apply to me

I really can't tell you any secondary options as I know nothing about the situation you are in. Is your license a NJ license or a PA license? Is this your first DUI? Do you have a lawyer in PA? Have you been to court yet? Has an offer been made on this case?

Use the reply tab below.