Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

a fired employee tries to exhort money from employer by threatening

a fired employee tries to exhort money from employer by threatening her with unfounded lies
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

What did the police say?

And, what kind of lies are being threatened?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Police told her to file a report with the county misgate. she is from viet nam and has a local nail business. she is single mom and is afraid of loosing her little business and her two children. She is kinda of a timid person.

the fired employee had buddied up with several friends and are saying she called the employee a physcho and said bad things about her. The fired employee is trying to come to the business and talk to her about money and things. the employees 20 yr son texted her last night for a bonus. she saved the text

She needs to file the report with the county magistrate. This is clearly an illegal act. If this continues to the point that her business suffers, she can file a suit for defamation against the former employee and son, extortion, and intentional infliction of emotional distress, among other things.

The first thing to do is to go to the magistrate and see if the state would be willing to prosecute on her behalf. That would save her a lot of trouble and expense.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your assistance, we really appreciate this service.

No problem at all. If you have more questions, I will be here to help. In the meantime, please do remember to rate my service before you go.