Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
11217539

CAN A PERSON GET SUED FOR INSURANCE FRAUD THAT RECEIVED A CHECK

CAN A PERSON GET SUED FOR INSURANCE FRAUD THAT RECEIVED A CHECK FROM THE INSURANCE FOR ROOF DAMAGE AND SPENDS THE MONEY AND DID NOT FIX THE ROOF?
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

The only way insurance fraud would be a possibility would be if the roof was not actually damaged. If the roof is damaged and the damage was assessed, and the insurance company paid, the person who receives the money can do with it what they want. They do not have to actually fix the roof.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

CAN THE PERSON WHO TOOK OVER THE HOUSE, CAN THEY FILE A LAW SUIT ON THE PERSON THAT RECEIVED THE CHECK. THE PERSON IN THE HOUSE DOES NOT HAVE INSURANCE AND CAN NOT GET IT UNTIL THE ROOF IS REPAIRED.

When you say "took over", does that mean the person bought the house?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THEY ARE IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING THE HOUSE..

In that case they shouldn't buy the house until the roof is repaired. That's the solution here. Nothing illegal was done by the owners - they've just potentially cost themselves selling the house due to the lack of roof repair.