Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

DOES A PERSON WHO RECEIVED MONEY FOR A CLAIM ON A ROOF SPEND

Customer Question

DOES A PERSON WHO RECEIVED MONEY FOR A CLAIM ON A ROOF SPEND THE MONEY AND NOT FIX THE ROOF? IS THIS INSURANCE FRAUD AND IF SO, WHAT CAN HAPPEN TO THIS PERSON?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.

Hello

My name is Samuel and I look forward to discussing this and providing information in this regard.

If the roof was not repaired and the money was sent directly to the homeowner it is theirs to decide what to do with it. However, if the roof is not repaired and something happens to it, then it could cause problems with another claim if it had to be made.

If the roof was repaired and the money sent directly to the homeowner to pay for the repairs that had been made and it is not paid, then the repair company will sue the homeowner for the money and the insurance company will have proof they paid it, so they will not pay again

However, there is no fraud.

Most times, if the roof is repaired the company will deal directly with the insurance company to ensure payment is made.

But it sounds as if in this scenario the money was sent to the home owner. And in that case, the decision is theirs.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.