How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OHIO//Texas Attorney Civil/Crimnal Practice
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently live in NJ but have a dui in Pennsylvania can I

This answer was rated:

I currently live in NJ but have a dui in Pennsylvania can I get house arrest in NJ when I get convicted in Pennsylvania for the dui which also has the highest bac .

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you.


You will not be retried or receive a new ticket in PA for the what happened in NJ. PA and NJ participate in the National Driver Registry. The National Driver Register keeps tabs on "drivers who have had their licenses revoked or suspended, or who have been convicted of serious traffic violations. violations such as driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs.


When it comes time to renew you drivers license, if you have not fulfilled the punishment in NJ for your offense your license renewal will be flagged until you clear the violation with NJ. So for example if your license was suspended and you have continued to drive, you would need to go back to NJ to clear up that situation. If all you get is a ticket and pay the ticket there should be not problems.


Jack R. and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my full ?was not answed it continued asking can I receive house arrest in NJ if convicted in Pennsylvania for the Pennsylvania dui

No, as I stated you cannot be retried for an offense in NJ. You cannot serve a sentence in NJ based on a sentence received in PA. NJ has no jurisdiction over anything you did in PA. NJ has the ability to block license renewal if the PA matter is not cleared up.