CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

I was involed in a minor fender bender I left the scene , a

I was involed in a minor fender bender I left the scene , a hour or so state police knocks at my door and gets my insurance info and my story of what happened as we are talking on my porch he asks if I would allow a breathalyzer so I complied I blew a .19 now the want me to come to their barracks on Tuesday why would that be and not court.?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. It is possible that the officer may arrest you. Since you left the scene, you could be charged with leaving the scene of an accident and the officer could even go so far as charging you for a DUI as well. However, even if charged with a DUI, you likely could fight it since there is no evidence to show you were drinking and impaired when the accident happened and it is possible you consumed alcohol in your home. If you report, you need to remember that you are under no legal obligation to admit to anything and that anything you say can and will likely be used against you.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He asked my side of the story I told him I bought a pint of vodka at the local liquor store was on my way to taco bell changed my mind went to turn around in a parking lot as I pulled in a car was backing out of their parking space and backed into my driver front quarter panel/bumper as I though there was no significant damage I proceeded to turn around and left once I got home I drank my pint
If they backed out of the parking spot and hit you, they would have been at fault. All you had to do was stop, pull over, speak with them and agree to not call the police. Even though you were the victim here, they clearly reported this and who knows what they told the police.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do I need a lawyer when I go
It is at your discretion but it is advised in this situation, since you are likely going to face one or more criminal charges, if they asked you to appear. If you do not retain one, just remember that anything else you tell them, will be used against you in the investigation.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So what Does it involve charge wise I feel that DUI is out the door b /c I was at home ,however the leaving the scene I might get stuck with so like jail,fine,or what.
It is a misdemeanor crime. As a first time offender, it is highly unlikely that the State would seek any jail time. After all, it was a minor fender bender and nobody was injured. As such, you could be looking at a fine, court costs, restitution and possible probation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So going there is just an investigation not court ,court will Likely be at another date ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Cyrus, sorry for the delay. I was having problems with my computer. The poor service rating does have a negative effect on me, so when we are done, I would appreciate if you could re-rate my help. Going to the police station and speaking them is not a court date. The officer is investigating the incident. If you are arrested and charged, a court date will be set at a later time.
Did this help clarify any confusion? Is there anything else I can answer for you?