Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
12176198

Hello my son is getting out on Parole with 2 year special probation

Hello my son is getting out on Parole with 2 year special probation in Penslyvania. He has been in jail for 5 years on charges of Satutory sexual AAulr (P2). I would like to know what the special prbation means and my other question is why they changed there mind and added Meggens Law to his case.
Thank you
Carol
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer!

The conditions that are part of special probation are established by law and located here:
http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/037/chapter65/chap65toc.html

Special probation is basically a more intensive version of regular probation.

Statutory sexual assault is a Tier II offense that subjects the offender to mandatory compliance with Megan's law. It is not a matter of them changing one's mind and "adding" it to his case. The government doesn't have a choice of adding it or not. Megan's law lists a number of offenses that by law are subjected to that law. If a person is convicted of one of those listed offenses, then they are automatically subjected to Megan's law. Unfortunately, his offense is one of those listed offenses so he is required to comply with it.

Hope this helped clarify things for you.