Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law

Is it possible for me to have a VEHICULAR VANDALISM case expunged

Is it possible for me to have a VEHICULAR VANDALISM case expunged in Ohio

Thank you for the information and your question. Was your conviction for the First Degree Misdemeanor or a Felony?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

First degree misdemeanor

Hello again and thank you for your reply. Only First Degree Misdemeanors that were offenses of violence or where the victim was under 18 would be barred from expungment. Vehicular vandalism, at the misdemeanor level is not considered an offense of violence. Although there is certainly a violent act involved, it does not fall under what the law considers as offenses of violence, such as assault, rape, sexual assault, etc.

You can see a list of "violent" crimes that are not expungeable by going to the last page at:

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much, that makes me feel a little better knowing I could possibly be approved for my request to have a record sealed.

You're welcome and best of luck to you!